To comply with the new e-Privacy directive, we need to ask for your consent to set the cookies. If you continue using this website, you agree with our cookies. Learn more.
Nice leather bags are a mainstay in the fashion world. Practically every woman has at least one leather bag. It doesn’t matter what brand it is. Every fashion-conscious woman knows that a leather bag is an essential item appropriate for almost any outfit.
Items 1-9 of 120
Various types of leather bag
Nice leather bags come in many different shapes and sizes. We’ll name a few for you.
• One of the most famous types of leather is sheepskin. Sheepskin is known for being very thin, soft and supple. A disadvantage of this type of leather is that it’s vulnerable. This means that wear and tear is quick to show, and it may even tear. A bag of sheepskin will often not last very long. If you want a sturdy bag that lasts a long time, choose another type of leather.
• An option for stronger leather is cow leather. It’s much sturdier, stronger and thicker. The skin of cows is often a couple of centimetres thick. When processing this leather, layers are removed, or split, which makes this type of leather less thick when sold. The more times it has been split, the less sturdy a leather bag. Various types of bags are often made of cow leather, including briefcases and fashionable ladies’ bags. Nice leather bags will often be made of cow leather.
• When compared to cow leather, calfskin is finer and thinner. In addition, it’s more supple, which makes it perfect for elegant ladies’ bags. Despite being finer and thinner than cow leather, this type of leather is still very strong. It’s also smooth and fine, which makes it perfect for an elegant nice leather bag for fashion-conscious women.
• Another type of leather is pigskin. This leather is easy to process and can often be found in many colours in stores. It’s not often used for the outside of bags, but more commonly for the lining of a leather bag. Because pigskin is very sturdy, it can strengthen other types of leather. Pigskin makes thin leather more sturdy and prevents it from sagging when you put your leather bag down. This way, the leather bag will keep its nice shape.
• Sometimes leather is also made of horsehide. It’s thick but still very supple and soft to the touch. It’s very easy to process this type of leather, thanks to its suppleness, so it’s easy to turn it into a nice leather bag.
• Snake leather has been used for items including bags for years. Nowadays this type of leather is banned in many countries, and often the only type of snake leather still allowed is water snakes leather. It’s available in various colours, such as brown and white. The leather of a snake is not smooth, like that of cattle, calves, sheep or pigs. The special details make it look exotic. Snake leather is very thin, so it is often reinforced wit pigskin, for example.
• You might not have heard of it, but ostrich leather is also a thing nowadays. It is used more and more often for bags. Leather of ostriches is strong and has a decorative structure. Ostrich leather is used more and more to make nice leather bags. You’ll have a unique and beautiful leather bag. Do you want to buy a leather bag? You’ll notice that leather can be processed in many ways. One of the options is smooth leather. This is the outside of an animal’s skin, which makes it very smooth, as the name implies. The material is flexible and is processed into a sustainable, stiff and smooth product you can use to make bags, for example. Another type of leather is patent leather. The leather will have been given a shiny layer of varnish, making your leather bag stand out even more. Nubuck is also a possibility. This type of leather is also made of the top layer of the skin. While smooth leather and patent leather are finished neatly, a nubuck treatment only sands the skin lightly so the material remains rougher. A last option is suede, which is the only type made of the bottom part of the skin. This makes the surface of suede a little more rough, giving leather bags a more luxurious look. In addition, this type of leather is warmer, but it does need more maintenance. If you don’t take care well of a suede leather bag, it will damage easily, so pay attention to that. Do you want to buy a leather bag? Realise that you need to pay much attention to taking care of the product so that your leather bag remains beautiful.
Branded bags in our range
There are many beautiful leather bags available. We’ll highlight a few famous brands for you that always offer a number of beautiful leather bags. Buying a leather bag will become a lot easier if you know which brands offer the best quality. First of all, there’s Maes & Hills, which is known for its perfectly finished leather bags. All these leather bags are made in small, local workshops near Florence. In addition to the perfect finish, the bags of Maes & Hills also look elegant. And all bags of Maes & Hills are made with a lot of (Italian) passion. Another brand is the Italian Piquadro. In addition to leather bags, they also make many other leather accessories. The bags of Piquadro are professional and have a high functionality. It’s the ideal leather bag to bring to work. And there’s much more from Italy. The Bridge, also a famous name from Florence, designs and creates products including elegant purses, briefcases, travel bags and wallets made of leather. The design of the bags by The Bridge is authentic and the finish is sublime. The brand offers everything you can expect from Italian leather goods. Maes & Hills also sells the brand Gianni Chiarini, bags with few accessories but with an Italian look and heritage. The brand, located in Florence, uses the vitality of the tanneries and always looks for innovation in the Italian fashion industry. The bags and accessories have a classic look but always focus on the tastes of modern women. The colour palette of make-up is often used to create the right combinations. Thanks to this method Gianni Chiarini designs beautiful bags and small leather goods such as wallets with an exclusive look. Patrizia Pepe, founded in 1993 and also located in Florence, is an elegant label for the self-conscious woman with glamour and a daring edge. An original, stylish look suitable for any event and always with spirit. Another well-known brand that designs and creates beautiful leather bags is the Portuguese Marta Ponti. For more than 50 years they have been making nice bags of vegetable-tanned Italian leather. All bags of this brand are finished by hand. The quality is very high and everything looks perfect. And what do you think of Bridas, a Spanish brand with a history of more than 35 years. The bags are made of leather and are designed and produced entirely in their own workshop. This allows for countless possibilities to create a personal design. This also their biggest asset, because every bag will be unique. But it’s not just Italians, Spaniards and the Portuguese that can make nice leather bags. Belgium is also home to beautiful leather bags, for example by the Belgian brand Belluga, which has specialised for years now in designing and producing exclusive leather goods including leather bags. Elegance, luxury and a perfect level of finish is what characterises Belluga bags. With a leather bag by a renowned brand you can truly be seen. All nice leather bags of well-known top brands, such as Maes & Hills, Belluga, Piquadro, The Bridge, Marta Ponti, Patrizia Pepe and Chianni Chiarini, can be ordered online. Discover the entire range of leather bags by top brands in our clear webshop. Don’t wait any longer: buy your leather bag with Maes & Hills!